Saturday, April 25, 2015

Paper Trey Ink Blog Hop Challenge

This is for one of my best friend's daughter's wedding.  Her shower invitation had a bouquet of flowers in a jar, and I wanted to try to recreate that for her.  The finished size of this card is 5x7.


The jar is from PaperTrey Ink (Friendship Jar) and the stamps are from Stampin Up.  I stamped the flowers in white pigment ink, and then over stamped them with colored dye ink.  I used color pencils to add in a bit more shading.  And a few white dots with Pico Embellisher.

For the jar, I used PTI die from Friendship Jar, layered it with acrylic and a vellum sheet that had the hearts on it.

PaperTrey Ink April Blog Hop  is today.  The inspiration photo is:


I am also putting this into the The Card Concept challenge which is using this inspiration photo:
I love the splash of bright pink color with the grays.  I guess the style of this card would be "classy and elegant"  - for a wedding . . . 

Here is a photo of part of the bride's shower invitation and a close-up of the shaker portion of my card.

I am also putting this into Around the World Stampin Up Challenge - this set is retiring soon (Stippled Blossoms) -- and I am so glad that I have it!  The little yellow flowers are from another stamping up clear set.  

As always, thanks so much for taking a peek.  Hope you are enjoying your day.  I'm off to enjoy a cool, but sunny spring day.  



11 comments:

  1. Carol, this is ONE uniquely fantastic wedding shaker card! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a creative card! I love the way you colored the flowers! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the coloring of those flowers is just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lovely card! The flower are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful! What a great idea to stamp in white and then add color. Very nice effect and I love what you did with that jar vase and shaker pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't stop staring at your blooms, incredible! Love the effect. And just when I need to move on, there's that jar! Gorgeousness everywhere I look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow oh wow! This is SO amazing! Love the confetti jar, and the stamping and coloring - just GORGEOUS!! Amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How incredibly special to model your card on her invitation. Those flowers are beautiful. Glad you joined the Card Concept challenge too.

    ReplyDelete